My current visa is a cap-subject H1B visa filed by my company.
I may change my job to a university (cap-exempt) in Aug.
My question is:
1. from subject to exempt, can I just file a transfer? I saw a lot discussion on the case from exempt to subject, but didnot see the opposite.
2. How much will be the cost for the transfer?
3. If the cost is the same for filling a new cap-exempt h1b visa, is it better to just file a new h2b petiition rather than transfer? (since then the expiration date will be later.)
4. If transfer files, can I start to work for the university immediately after I got the receipt?
5. Since there are still 5 months, when is the best timing to file the transfer?
Thanks a lot!